Information for you
Buying a home can be an intimidating and stressful process. We’ve compiled a list of recommendations for anyone thinking about jumping into the housing market.
- Be definitive about buying. With ownership comes the added responsibility of taking care of your investment. Be sure you’re ready for this type of responsibility.
- Get qualified for a mortgage. It’s important to know exactly what you can qualify to buy and what you’re comfortable borrowing. This will set a clear path for your next move.
- Become educated. While doing your research on neighbourhoods and builders, also consider your needs now and in the future. The size of home, your lifestyle wants and needs and your ideal location are all important criteria to identify.
- Hire a real estate agent who is qualified. They will help guide you to finding your perfect home and also negotiate on your behalf to get you the best possible deal.
- Know all of the hidden costs such as:
- Land transfer tax
- Bank appraisal fee
- Mortgage broker fee
- Legal fees
- Mortgage insurance fee
- Don’t rush into anything, but also don’t drag your feet. After doing all the research necessary, if you feel the move is the right one, make it.
* Calculated monthly payments are approximate. Please consult with a mortgage specialist for accurate calculations.